- 8-10 tart apples
- prepared pie pastry
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Maple Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup mild, fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. Roll out half the pastry and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the flour over the pastry and toss in the apples.
- Place the sugar in a small saucepan with the balsamic, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the olive oil and slowly pour the mixture over the apples, coating evenly.
- Roll out the top crust, place it over the apples, and seal the edges. Pierce the crust with a fork to allow steam to escape while cooking.
- Bake at 425 F. for 15 minutes and then turn down the oven temperature to 375 F. Bake for an additional 45 minutes, until the crust is brown and the apples are soft. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!