This hit the spot this morning:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon (or use a drizzle of Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar)
- Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 loaf whole wheat sandwich bread (8 slices)
- 1 baguette (sliced 1 inch thick)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- 1 tablespoon Medium/large Capers
- Fresh Rosemary (garnish)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Brush the slices evenly with olive oil. Bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Slice the lemon into 1/4 inch pieces
- once baguette slices are done, let them cool
- To assemble, start with a dollop of cream cheese on each baguette, add lemon & salmon slices, capers, salt pepper and rosemary.
- Serve and Enjoy!