Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Champagne white vinegar
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used Arbequina)
- 1 cup cold coffee (or water)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add vanilla, vinegar, oil, and water to the dry ingredients and stir using a spatula or whisk until ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour into a prepared (greased or parchment-lined) 8x8-inch pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. When an inserted toothpick is removed with a few crumbs (not clean!) the cake is done.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Original Recipe by iambaker