- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into inch long chunks
- 1/2 – 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 – 2 Tablespoon Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Fine sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Black olives and flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Baguette slices (1" thick)
- Boil or steam your carrots until tender; let them drain / let off excess steam for a minute.
- Add carrots, garlic, lemon juice and 1 Tablespoon olive oil to a mini food processor. Pulse until a rough puree texture is achieved.
- Add the cumin and smoked paprika and the remaining olive oil 1 tsp at a time – you may not need all of it.
- Pulse until the texture is right
- Top baguette with mixture, garnish and serve!