- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- 10 oz. washed and dried kale leaves, thick stems removed
- 1 cup shredded brussels sprouts
- 1 (5-ounce) container of crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1 red apple, sliced (tossed in Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup Gravenstein Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Wild Mushroom & Sage Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Heat the oven to 350F. Spread nuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Roast for 5-10 minutes. Toss the nuts occasionally to ensure even cooking. Nuts are done when they appear a shade darker and smell toasty. Let cool.
- Assemble the greens and brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Toss with toasted nuts, crumbled cheese and apple slices.
- Assemble the dressing in a tight-fitting jar. Combine the Vinegar, Oil, salt and pepper, and shake vigorously until well blended. Splash over salad and toss.
Adapted from At The Table by Andrea Messina