- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2-pound asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Champagne White Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- In a small saucepan combine quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until tender and white spirals are around each grain. Remove pan from heat and allow the quinoa to cool.
- Prepare an ice bath by placing 1-2 cups of ice in a medium bowl and adding water.
- Bring another small pan of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until crisp and tender, about 4 minutes. Drain asparagus and plunge it into the ice water bath. Remove the asparagus and pat dry.
- Zest the lemon and cut the lemon in half. Combine the zest and juice from half the lemon in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, tarragon and mint. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine the asparagus, quinoa, scallions, chickpeas and feta. Toss with the dressing and serve.