Millet Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Salad
- 1 cup uncooked millet, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Mint or Basil Leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup Arbequina extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate-Quince balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tomatoes sliced (Cherry Tomatoes are great too)
- 1/2 Green Squash (diced)
- 1/2 Yellow Squash (diced)
- Toast millet in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and just golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and carefully add broth. Return to heat and bring to a boil over medium high heat then reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and millet is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Transfer millet to a large bowl, fluff with a fork and set aside to let cool.
- Add squash (I like mine uncooked), green onions and tomatoes to millet, toss gently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, then pour dressing over millet mixture and toss to coat.
- Garnish with Mint or Basil leaves