Grilled peaches taste like sunshine and summer to me. They work wonderfully in this salad, which combines sweet and salty, creamy and crunchy, delicate and bold all in one bowl.
- 2 Peaches
- 2 tbsp Herbs de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 heaped cups Spring mix
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Shallot
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- 1 cup Basil Chopped
- 3 ounces Mozzarella balls (small)
- 2 tbsp Fig preserves
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Peach White balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- Clean grill grates and preheat to medium heat.
- Slice the peaches in half along the seam. Pull the halves apart and remove the pit. Slice each half into 3 even slices.
- Place the sliced peaches in a resealable gallon-sized bag and gently coat with 2 tbsp. of avocado oil.
- Grill peaches for 5-6 minutes per side or until the peaches have softened, developed grill marks and lose their shape slightly.
- Remove peaches from the grill and set aside to be assembled with the salad.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk together until smooth and lump free. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Tear apart the prosciutto and add to skillet. Cook until the prosciutto becomes crispy. This should only take about 30 seconds. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Halve the tomatoes. Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Slice the basil leaves.
- Combine all ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl apart from the peaches. Toss the salad with the dressing so that it is completely coated but not soggy. Arrange the peaches throughout the salad and serve.