Skirt Steak with Salsa Verde --- Yay
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak (flank or hangar steak can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallots (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers (chopped)
- 1/4 cups fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon to dress
- 1/3 cup Cobrancosa or other robust extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 minutes before you plan to cook, pull the steak from the fridge and season on both sides with the salt and a light dusting of black pepper.
- Make the salsa verde in a small bowl by mixing together the remaining 7 ingredients (from shallots through olive oil).
- Pre-heat your grill. You can also use a cast iron skillet (lightly coated with oil) to cook the meat on the stove over high heat.
- lay down the steak. Cook until done to your liking. Figure 2 to 3 minutes per side for rare/medium rare, Transfer to a carving board and rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain in 1/2-inch-wide pieces. Spoon about ⅔ of the salsa verde down the center of the steak, leaving the rest in a bowl to serve on the side. Serve with lemon wedges.