Not sure why but we get a craving for Lobster this time of year at The Little Shop.
- 1/4 cup Butter Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half (half milk, half cream, or light cream)
- 4 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups lobster meat (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toast points or puff pastry shells, for serving
- Parsley (finely chopped) for garnish
- Warm Oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and blend in flour. Stir the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the half-and-half and stir until the sauce thickens over medium heat.
- Stir in a small amount of the hot cream sauce into the beaten egg yolks. This tempers the eggs so that they will not scramble.
- Whisk the now tempered egg yolk mixture into the hot pan sauce. Continue cooking, over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the lobster, sherry, lemon juice, and salt. Continue to cook over medium heat until lobster is heated through, but do not boil or sauce will scald.
- Serve in hot puff pastry shells or over toast points. (I actually used risotto for my dish)