Kale Pesto - Power Packed
Power Packed Kale and EVOO
- 10 leaves kale stem removed (I used curly kale)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (any selection)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
You will also need:
- a large bowl of water
- ice cubes
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water and put it in the fridge.
- Wash the kale and remove the ribs.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and blanch the kale for about 3 minutes, remove and place in the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Drain, place the leaves on paper towels and blot away the moisture.
- In the bowl of a food processor, put the kale, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and pulse until coarsely chopped.
Add the extra virgin olive oil and continue to pulse until the kale pesto reaches the desired consistency.