- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- ⅓ cup Lemon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set bowl aside.
- In a second large bowl, combine sugar and Lemon Olive Oil and mix with a spatula until it forms a grainy paste. Add eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the lemon zest (if desired) and mix until just combined. Slowly fold in dry ingredients until just incorporated. You should have a fairly soft, oily dough.
- Fill a small dish with more granulated sugar. Scoop dough by the tablespoonful into balls and roll in sugar to coat. Arrange on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until the tops are puffed and crackly and edges just start to turn light golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.