This simple and delicious cranberry and walnut cake recipe is made with eggs, sugar, roasted walnut oil, and flour. This recipe is very straight forward and easy to make so it's perfect for beginners, and it's also festive & tasty without being super sugary.
- ¼ cup Roasted Walnut Oil
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 2 cups raw fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9" springform cake pan with butter (you can also use a regular pan but a springform pan will make your life easier).
- Use walnut pieces or add the walnuts to a quart size Ziploc bag and smash (hit) with the back of a big spoon until pieces are broken up.
- With a hand mixer, mix olive oil and sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs for 1 minute. Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Fold in (not with the mixer) the cranberries and walnuts by hand. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into pan and level top with a spatula.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear.
- Cool completely (approximately an hour) and run a knife along the edges of the pan to help separate it from the pan.
- Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.