Olive oil cakes are simple to make without using a mixer. They lend themselves to adding many different ingredients and are easily served with powdered sugar sprinkled over the top. Plus, they stay moist longer than a traditional cake!
Blueberry Lemon Olive Oil Cake can be lemon or blueberry flavor heavy depending upon your oil or balsamic preference. Feel free to adjust the recipe below depending upon your taste buds! It is a one bowl, easy cake that is moist, delicious and pretty.
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Blueberry Aged Dark Balsamic
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 ½ to 2 lemons)
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Optional confectioners' sugar, lemon slices, and blueberries for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your pan. If you do not have a 10-inch pan, you can use three 6-inch pans for this recipe.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oils, balsamic, milk and lemon juice.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Using a spatula stir until the batter is completely combined and smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Baking time for the 6-inch pans is 35- 40 minutes and 50 minutes for the 10-inch pan. Make sure that the top of the cake is firm and golden brown.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let the cake cool completely.
- Optional: Lightly sift confectionary sugar over the top of the cake. Add lemon slices and blueberries.