Johnny D's Grilled Chicken with Strawberries
My Dad would use Chopped Pineapple too. You can switch the strawberry to pineapple in the recipe.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Seasoning or Salt
- 1-pound Strawberries (cored).
- Set 8 wooden skewers in a long dish. Fill with water to cover skewers. Allow to soak for at least an hour, so that skewers don’t burn while grilling.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning to a gallon-sized baggie. Shake to combine. Add chicken. Seal, removing the air from the bag. Refrigerate marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Build skewers alternating chicken and strawberries.
- Cook kabobs on grill for 4-6 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve chicken-strawberry kabobs hot, drizzled with extra balsamic vinegar if desired.