- 8 ounces organic dried mission figs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Remove stems from the figs, and chop each fig into 4-6 pieces.
- Combine figs, sugar, water, Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar, and lemon juice,in a medium-large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a steady, rolling simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion (or regular blender), pulse/blend until large pieces are gone, but jam still has a lumpy texture. Taste the jam. Add o1-2 more tablespoons Balsamic if you like your jam more tangy!
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the jam is thickened to the desired state. Be aware that the jam will thicken some as it cools.
- Transfer jam to clean jars with tight fitting lids. Makes about 20 ounces of jam.
- If you cook the jam too long and it is too thick, add water, a few tablespoons at a time and stir until it's the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for 2-3 months
Adapted from an online recipe by Chris Schuer.