Pumpkin & Coconut Summer Soup
- 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 cups pumpkin or summer squash (roasted, or 2 x 15 oz canned pumpkin)
- 7 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp. salt (freshly ground black pepper, season to taste)
- parsley (garnish with finely minced, optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
- Add oil, onion, garlic, thyme and balsamic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Add pumpkin and chicken stock.
- Season with pepper and bring to boil.
- Simmer, covered, over a medium to low heat for about 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and cool mixture for 10 minutes.
- Blend soup (in batches) until smooth and return to pan.
- Stir over a medium heat until hot.
- Serve soup garnished with chopped parsley.