Classic Italian wedding soup is beloved for its simplicity and satisfaction. Filled with homemade browned meatballs, fresh veggies, and pasta. Total comfort food any day of the year! This easy stove-top meal will quickly become a family favorite.
- 1-pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 ½ quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup orzo pasta
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, basil, and 1 tablespoon minced onion. Shape mixture into ¾ inch balls and set aside.
- In a large stockpot add the EVOO, onion, carrots, and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the chicken stock, pasta, and meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and allow to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.