- 1-pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 ½ quarts chicken stock
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup orzo pasta
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, basil, and 1 tablespoon minced onion. Shape mixture into ¾ inch balls and set aside.
- In a large stockpot add the EVOO, onion, carrots, and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the chicken stock, pasta, and meatballs and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes until meatballs are cooked through and pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and allow to wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.