Picnic Pasta Salad
A picnic would be nice...the warm weather is coming. Hang in there!
- 1 lb dried farfalle, penne, or macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup Basil Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Neapolitan Herb Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted and sliced olives
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or curly-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and group black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, toss in the pasta, and boil according to package directions until not quite al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse it until cold water, and place in a large serving bowl. Toss with 6 Tbsp of the olive oil and the entire 1/4 cup of balsamic.
- Preheat the oven to 325℉.
- Place the cherry tomato halves in a single layer on a parchment-covered baking tray. Drizzle with the remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and roast for 25 minutes, turning once to ensure they are evenly roasted. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Add the chopped olives, cucumber, and pepper to the cooled pasta and toss in the roasted tomatoes to ensure that everything is well coated in the dressing.
- Garnish with the oregano or parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!