I love to post my favorite recipe this time of year. My Dad would make the most amazing stuffing each year...and it was even better the NEXT DAY! All Right on the Right Dad!
* Dad never measured anything so use most of the ingredients depending on your taste.
- 2 loaves of whole wheat bread
- 1 Spanish Onion (that is what he used in the 70's and 80's but you can use Vidalia)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Celery Stalks
- Soy Sauce to taste (he loved Kikkoman's)
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- Bell's Seasoning
- Dried Basil
- Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Infused Olive Oil (he used garlic powder so this is my modification)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Finely chop the onion, peppers and celery
- In a large skillet add the oil and saute the vegetables until tender (about 7-8 minutes). Set aside.
- Saute ground pork and season to taste with soy sauce, basil, Bell's, and onion. Saute for approximately 10 minutes while breaking into small pieces with a wooden spatula. You can strain this after cooking to remove any excess fat.
- Lightly toast bread and crumble in a large bowl (I tear it into small pieces after toasting).
- Combine the mixture of bread, pork and vegetables and slowly add water until it reaches the right consistency (moist but not wet).
- Bake for about 20 minutes