- 1 lb store-bought or homemade gnocchi
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves (chopped), for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions or until they float to the surface. Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Be careful not to let it brown.
- Pour in the heavy cream, balsamic and stir to combine with the garlic. Let it simmer gently for a couple of minutes to thicken slightly. Gradually add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked gnocchi to the skillet with the Parmesan sauce. Gently toss the gnocchi to coat them evenly with the sauce. If needed, you can add a splash of the gnocchi cooking water to thin out the sauce slightly.
- Season the gnocchi with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Give it a final gentle stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the Gnocchi with Parmesan Cheese to serving plates. Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a burst of color and added freshness. Serve immediately.