Orzo Stuffed Pumpkin
Going to try this with my white pumpkins.
- 5-6 medium patty pan or white pumpkins in my case (about a small orange size if possible)
- ¾ cup orzo
- ¼ cup Basil Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
- ½ tsp Himalayan Salt and cracked Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400℉
- Cut the top off of the white pumpkins and scoop out the seeds reserve. Set both parts of the pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle with ½ tbsp Basil Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes to just begin to soften them. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cook your Orzo according to directions. Drain and reserve.
- In a skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add in onions and sauté for 2 minutes, before adding in remaining vegetables.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes more, just to soften the veg then remove from heat. Stir in orzo, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese to combine. Fill roasted pumpkins with filling and sprinkle with a final grating of Parmesan cheese. Bake filled squash for 8-10 additional minutes then serve.