- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 garlic cloves grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, grated garlic, fresh parsley and salt.
- Place the two bread halves, cut sides up, on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon the garlic and herb olive oil evenly over the cut sides, and sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 10 minutes and the bread is crispy on the bottom. Cut each bread half crosswise into 8 pieces, sprinkle with more parsley, and serve.