Classic Focaccia Olive Oil Skillet Bread
Bet you never thought you could make deliciously crisp focaccia bread in little over an hour! Well, you can with our Classic Focaccia Bread Mix. Add water, olive oil, and let it rest for 1 hour and it is ready to meet that cast iron skillet.
- 1 bag of Classic Focaccia – The Little Shop
- 2 tablespoons Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup additional Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10” or 12” cast iron skillet or 9x12 baking dish
- Pour mix in large bowl, add yeast packet (found inside burlap sack) and stir well.
- Add warm water and 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix until dough comes together.
- Turn dough on floured board and knead 8-10 times to make dough smooth & elastic.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough ball in bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 450º. Coat bottom and sides of skillet or baking dish with olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)
- Punch down dough ball, place in skillet, pat to the edges, and use your fingertips to press indentations all over the top of the dough. Top with rest of olive oil. Cook uncovered in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with a few salt flakes, Parmesan, mozzarella, or other toppings as desired.
- Let rest a bit before cutting, serve warm!