These quick and healthy and filled with vegetables this recipe can be made and ready in just about 30 minutes. Not only are they healthier, but these Szechuan noodles also taste so much better than your average take out!
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or smashed
- 1-2 teaspoon Baklouti Green Chili Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 8 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons chili paste (sambal oelek)
- 1/2-pound ground chicken or pork (optional)
- 1 red onion thinly, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for serving
- 4 baby Bok choy or green cabbage, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peanut oil, garlic, ginger, and chili oil. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds, cook 30 seconds to 1 minute more. Remove from heat and very carefully transfer the oil to a heat proof bowl or glass jar.
- Meanwhile, cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, chili paste, and 1/3 cup water in a bowl.
- Place the skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken. Season with black pepper and brown all over, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes. Add the red and green onions and cook another 2-3 minutes. Slowly pour in the soy sauce mixture and add the Bok choy. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the sauce coats the chicken, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and 2 tablespoons of the oil mixture made from Step 1. Remove from the heat. Serve the noodles warm, topped with additional chili oil and green onions. Enjoy!
Original Recipe from the amazing Half Baked Harvest