- 1 cup Garlic Stuffed Gordal Olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Stuffed with Garlic and Red Chile Gordal Olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup black Mission olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pickled cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup marinated cocktail onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil infused olive oil
- 2 (1 pound) loaves crusty focaccia bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces sliced Mortadella
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
Directions To make the olive condiment:
- In a medium bowl, combine the two types of olives, black mission olives, cauliflower, capers, celery, carrot, cocktail onions, celery seed, oregano, basil, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, and basil olive oil.
- Mix together and transfer mixture into a glass jar (or another nonreactive container). If needed, pour in more oil to cover.
- Cover jar or container and refrigerate at least overnight.
To Make Sandwiches:
- Cut bread in large triangles. Spread each piece of bread with equal amounts olive salad, including oil.
- Layer 'bottom half' of each loaf with 1/2 of the salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella, and Provolone. Replace 'top half' on each loaf and cut sandwich into quarters.
- Serve immediately, or wrap tightly and refrigerate for a few hours.