Caprese Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tablespoon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 18 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup roughly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Whisk in the milk. Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Stir in 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Ensure the tomatoes and basil are evenly spaced out and not clumped together, if needed. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the until the eggs are firm and the top is slightly golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into squares and serve warm. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.