Balsamic-Glazed Sea Scallops
- 12 large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4t teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Traditional Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (Optional)
- Pat scallops thoroughly with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and ensure a sear. Combine seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper and use to lightly season both sides of the scallops.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops to the skillet, being careful not to crowd. Cook until golden brown and a crust begins to form, about 3 minutes per side. Cook in batches if necessary to avoid steaming the scallops and be careful not to overcook. Remove from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add white wine, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to scrape up all the browned bits on the bottom. Cook until glaze is slightly thick and syrupy, 3-4 minutes.
- Move scallops to a serving plate, drizzle glaze on top, and garnish with chopped tarragon.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Total: 20 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Adapted from a recipe by All Recipes