IngredientsBalsamic Basil Strawberries:
- 1-pound strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Franklin Raw Honey
- 1 tablespoon Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 (16 oz) refrigerated packages of Southern Homestyle Biscuits
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream chilled
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Place refrigerated biscuit dough (sides touching) on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 22-30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries, honey, balsamic vinegar, and basil. Stir until well combined. Set aside while you bake the shortcakes.
- While the shortcakes are cooling, make the whipped cream. Using a mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Cut the shortcakes in half. Spoon the balsamic strawberries over the bottom half of the shortcake. Place the top of the shortcake over the strawberries. Top the shortcakes with whipped cream and serve immediately.