Chipotle White Chicken Soup
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped or cubed (Note: You can also use skin on roasted chicken leftovers...just pull apart and add to the slow cooker)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans drained and washed (navy, cannellini, great northern, etc.)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn drained
- 1 Tbls. Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (more if you like the heat)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro and avocado for garnish
- sour cream or plain, Greek yogurt, garnish
- Season chicken with oil, salt and pepper, and place in slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, corn, beans and then the chopped onion
- Season with garlic and chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, stirring once, halfway through cooking.
- Make sure chicken is cooked through and serve hot, garnished with sour cream or yogurt, cilantro and avocado.