Roasted Carrots with Rosemary and Cinnamon Pear Drizzle
- 1 pound carrots
- 11/2 tablespoons Rosemary extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (plus more to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon Pear aged balsamic vinegar (plus more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (to garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil, and season with the salt and ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast the carrots for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of carrots, shaking the pan every 10 minutes, or until cooked-through and nicely browned.
- While carrots are cooking, begin to prepare the glaze by adding the honey and balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, add the butter, and stir until the butter is melted and well-combined.
- When the carrots are roasted, toss with the honey balsamic glaze, and then return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the glaze thickens and coats the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving dish and sprinkle with a few more drops of the balsamic vinegar and some sea salt, if desired.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley, if using. Serve hot or warm, as desired.