Never buy the jarred stuff again! This DIY version is perfectly sweet. Homemade applesauce is so easy to make and can be used as an ingredient in lots of different meals.
- 6 lb. apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup apple juice, apple cider, or water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ brown sugar packed
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
- Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don't fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
- Store in the fridge and serve by itself, over pork chops, over ice cream, over pancakes...or any place where applesauce is needed!