This recipe for Roasted Beet Salad with Pomegranate Balsamic & Goat Cheese Crumble is super colorful, making it a fun dish for special occasions or a pretty, hearty, and great side dish for any day of the year!
- 3 cups peeled, cubed beets (red or golden)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup torn baby kale
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnut pieces
- Place the beets in a saucepan of water (if you’re using golden, yellow, and red beets, use two saucepans, as the red beets will stain the golden ones) and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Turn down the heat to medium-high and simmer for 30-40 minutes, until fork tender. Drain off the water.
- Preheat the oven to 350º Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange the beets in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and drizzle liberally with the balsamic. Toss gently to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn. Roast for another 10 minutes, until the beets are evenly roasted and the balsamic has reduced to a thick glaze.
- Arrange the baby kale on a serving plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange the beets on the kale and top with the goat cheese. They’re really yummy warm but will continue to caramelize as they cool. Top with the walnut pieces and enjoy!