Roasted Beet, Pear & Walnut Salad
- 1-2 tablespoons Roasted Walnut oil
- a drizzle of Cinnamon Pear balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle of local honey (Franklin, Medway, Millis)
- A small drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for roasting the beets
- 3 medium sized beets, any variety (use a mix of red and golden beets)
- 1 ripe pear, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- a few handfuls of salad greens of your choice
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- sprouts, for garnish
- Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roast the beets by drizzling them with a bit of olive oil, some salt and pepper, and wrapping them in foil. Depending on the size and freshness of your beets, they should take from 40 minutes to 1 hour to roast in the oven. Check occasionally, when they are fork-tender they are done. Set them aside to cool… as soon as they’re cool enough to touch, run them under the faucet and slide off the skins with your hands. Chop into roughly 1/2-inch cubes and set them aside to cool completely. (Make a day in advance).
- Cook the quinoa in advance.
- Take the already-cooked quinoa and toast it a little, by tossing it in a small hot skillet for a couple of minutes. Drizzle a little walnut oil and some salt on it, and remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients on a platter. Drizzle with a liberal amount of walnut oil, a bit of balsamic vinegar, a little honey, and some salt and pepper.