Pistachio Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds of green beans
- 3/4 cups chopped pistachios
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with salt to a boil.
- Finely chop 3/4 cups of pistachios. Trim the ends off the green beans.
- Add to the boiling water and cook until tender, just about 5 minutes. Drain them into an ice bath to ensure they stop cooking. Once they are cooled, transfer them to a clean kitchen towel to dry them.
- Finely grate the garlic cloves and zest of 1 lemon into a medium bowl. Add the juice of the lemon. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese and then the chopped pistachios. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the green beans to the bowl and mix until completely dressed. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve cold and delicious!