- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and halved or whole
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons Milanese Gremolata olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin by trimming the fennel bulbs, removing any tough outer layers. Reserve the fronds for garnish. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, thinly slice the fennel bulbs and place them in a large salad bowl.
- Peel the oranges with a knife, removing all the white pith. Over the salad bowl, section the oranges to capture any juice and add the sections to the bowl.
- Add the black olives to the salad.
- Finely chop some of the reserved fennel fronds, enough to make about 2 tablespoons, and add them to the salad for an extra burst of fresh fennel flavor.
- Drizzle the Milanese gremolata olive oil over the salad.
- Season the salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Toss the salad gently to combine all the ingredients and coat everything evenly with the dressing.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill for a feathery touch and a hint of herby freshness.