This recipe is from our favorite cookbook Olive Oil and Vinegar Lover's Cookbook
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 small red onion (chopped)
- 1 Roma tomato (chopped)
- 2 cups curly leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan and add the couscous. Bring down to a simmer and cover for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand for 15-20 minutes, until all the stock is absorbed. Fluff the couscous with a fork and transfer to a baking sheet where you can spread it out, so it can cool quickly.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooled couscous, onion, tomato, parsley, and mint.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic. Drizzle over the couscous. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.