- ½ cup Popping Corn Kernels
- 3 Tbsp White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- Large Pot with a Lid
- Large Bowl
- Add the White Truffle EVOO to the pot.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Drop one or two popcorn kernels into the oil.
- When the kernels pop, the oil is hot enough.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the remaining popcorn kernels.
- Quickly sprinkle the granulated sugar over the kernels.
- Immediately cover the pot with a lid.
- Shake the pot gently, but constantly, to prevent the sugar from burning and to ensure even popping of the kernels. Hold the pot’s handles with oven mitts, if necessary.
- Continue shaking the pot occasionally and listen as the popcorn pops.
- When the popping sound slows down to about 2 seconds between pops, it’s time to remove the pot from the heat.
- Carefully remove the lid from the pot, directing the steam away from you.
- Immediately pour the popped corn into the large bowl.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the popcorn while it is still warm. Toss well to combine and coat every piece with the salt and the remaining truffle oil in the bowl.
- Allow the kettle corn to cool for a few minutes before serving, as it will be extremely hot.
- Once cool, taste and adjust the salt, if necessary, then serve and enjoy your gourmet White Truffle Kettle Corn Popcorn!