This recipe for whipped buttercream frosting is lighter and fluffier than the traditional beloved buttercream. Sweet, whipped buttercream is absolutely perfect for adding a homemade touch to your favorite boxed cake mix!
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar (sifted to remove lumps)
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream (cold)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cranberry Pear White Balsamic
- Cupcake toppers (candied decoration)
- In a large bowl, add room temperature butter and beat with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and slowly mix until ingredients are fully combined. Then, whip at high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, salt, balsamic, and vanilla extract.
- Whip for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add additional heavy cream as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pipe or spread frosting with a knife onto cupcakes, add toppers (optional) and serve.