Banana Maple Oatmeal with Walnuts
Use this Banana Maple Oatmeal recipe to take your oatmeal to another level this morning! Smooth & creamy oatmeal is sweetened with maple syrup and topped with crunchy walnuts.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (use gluten free, if desired)
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tablespoon Roasted Walnut Oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 banana halved and sliced
- Cinnamon sticks & whole walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the oats and reduce the temperature to medium heat. Cook the oats for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the oats are done cooking, remove them from the burner and stir in the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut oil.
- Pour or spoon the oatmeal into bowls.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and walnuts (optional).
- Drizzle with maple syrup if desired and serve immediately.