Strawberry Fruit Tart
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 1/2 lb. strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp Strawberry Dark Balsamic
- Start by making the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and stir until dough forms.
- Press mixture into a 10" or 11" tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing until the dough is smooth. Prick all over with a fork and bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, about 7 minutes. In another large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Fold into the whipped cream, then spoon into cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Starting on the outside, arrange the strawberries on top of the tart in a circle until the entire tart is covered.
- Brush the top of the strawberry tart with the balsamic. Refrigerate until well chilled, 2 hours. Enjoy!