Strawberry Basil Shortcake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup Basil Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cream
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Strawberry Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash strawberries, cut off the tops, and cut into quarters. Toss the strawberries in the Balsamic in a baking dish. Roast for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the strawberries are soft but not falling apart. Add sugar if needed.
- While the strawberries are roasting, combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk and olive oil with a whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, using a spatula to stir, just until they are combined.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split the dough evenly into about 6 biscuits. Brush the top of the biscuits with cream (sprinkle with a pinch of sugar if you would like). Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they are golden brown. Let cool before serving.
- Cut the biscuits in half and fill with strawberries topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!