- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon coarse salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, cream butter and both the sugars until light and fluffy and no butter streaks remain. Add the egg and melted chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place 1/4 cup-sized balls of dough on a prepared baking sheet, each set roughly three inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and mix until smooth and glossy. Add more vinegar if needed to achieve a slightly runny consistency.
- Transfer glaze to a resealable plastic bag and trim a corner to create a piping bag.
- Drizzle the glaze over cooled cookies and sprinkle with coarse salt
Prep Time:30 minutes Cook Time:20 minutes Servings:12 cookies
Adapted from a recipe by Spoon University