Looking for a little Valentines day quick dessert?
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 round Angel Food Cake (store bought)
- 2/3 cup medium-sweet or sweet Madeira
- 4 blood oranges (or use some Tangelo)
- 4 tablespoons Pomegranate Aged Balsamic
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Using a paring knife, cut away the peel from the blood oranges and cut the flesh into segments, reserving any juice.
- In a saucepan, bring the pomegranate Balsamic, Madeira and the 4 Tbs. sugar to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the blood orange segments and juice and return to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer until the orange segments have broken down, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the mint and Honey.
- Transfer the compote to a bowl and let cool to room temperature
- Cut the Angel Food Cake into slices and drizzle compote
- Serve and Enjoy!