Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 pineapple
- 1 1/4 cups butter (softened, divided)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dark rum
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. pineapple balsamic
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut pineapple in half crosswise and into ½ inch thick slices.
- Drain pineapple on paper towels.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar, honey, rum and 1 teaspoon salt in mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch round cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple evenly over butter mixture.
- Place remaining 1 cup butter in mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add granulated sugar; beat on medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and balsamic; beat on medium speed until combined. Add flour, baking powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix on low speed about 30 seconds or just until blended.
- Spread batter over pineapple with spatula.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Run thin knife around edge of pan to loosen. Place serving plate over pan; invert cake onto serving plate.
- Cool 1 hour before serving.