- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup pineapple jam or finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional for topping)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and mix with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add cold water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a cup to cut out circles.
- Press each dough circle into the cups of a mini muffin tin or shape them on a baking sheet to create a small well in the center.
- Prick the bottom of each tart with a fork to prevent puffing.
- Spoon a small amount of pineapple jam or finely chopped pineapple into the center of each tart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- If using cheese, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of each tart and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves before serving.
Enjoy your pineapple tart with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for a Mediterranean twist!