Cinnamon Pear Jam
- 4 lbs. Pears
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon Pear Balsamic
- 2 to 4 cups Sugar (see note)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Peel, core, and dice (or thinly slice) pears.
- In a large bowl, toss the pears in lemon juice, balsamic and sugar, cover, and refrigerate for overnight (12 to 24 hours).
- Place pear mixture into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil on high. The mixture will foam, so be sure your pan is big enough to handle foaming to avoid overflows.
- Stir the mixture occasionally and cook for about 10-15 minutes. If pear pieces are too large, crush with a potato masher (optional). I like the look of the slices.
- Cook until the pear jam reaches gel stage. (about 220 F)
- Once the jam reaches gel stage, immediately remove it from the heat and pack it into jars leaving ¼“ headspace.
- Allow the jars to cool about 10 minutes and then seal with 2-part canning lids.
- Store the pear jam in the refrigerator. Refrigerated jam should last at least 2-3 weeks.