Orange and Pomegranate Cupcakes
I love these cupcakes! Joanne from the Cake Bar made some for samples at our house and they did not last!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (mild variety) for coating the muffin cups
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1–2 TBSP milk
- Gold Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 12 count muffin pan or line with cupcake papers.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar and olive oil. Add in eggs, balsamic and yogurt. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture into sugar/egg mixture. Beat until combined.
- Pour evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5-10 minutes in pan before removing. Then, let them cool completely before frosting.
- Beat together frosting ingredients until smooth. Adding/subtracting to reach desired consistency.
- Frost on cooled cupcakes and apply sprinkles