No Bake Cheesecake
For the Cookie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled vanilla wafers (or butter cookie crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Local Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Gelatin Topping:
- 1 large package lemon (or orange) gelatin
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries halved (optional)
- Garnish with Fresh Bayleaf or Mint & Candied or Dried Orange Slices
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, honey, and oil.
- Place a circle of parchment paper into the bottom of an 8 to 9 inch pan. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a medium bowl, whip room-temperature cream cheese with sugar and balsamic until completely smooth and fluffy. (3-5 minutes or more, depending on the temperature of your cream cheese.)
- In a separate medium bowl, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and stir in by hand to lighten it.
- Then, fold in the remaining whipped cream, being careful not to deflate the volume, until well incorporated.
- Transfer to prepared pan, smoothing top. Place in the refrigerator while you make the gelatin topping.
- Place gelatin in a medium bowl and add boiling water per package instructions. Stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice, stirring until melted. Let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, arrange the blueberries, pineapple, and strawberries in a single layer in a decorative pattern on top of the cheesecake. Pour thickened gelatin on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap, not letting plastic touch the surface of the gelatin. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with Bayleaf and Candied Orange.