Lemon Ricotta Cake
This recipe for Italian lemon ricotta is an instant hit for anyone who tries it. Light, fluffy, and full of flavor, it is the perfect Italian dessert. An easy and simple recipe made with ricotta cheese and lemon; this cake is perfect for any occasion.
- 9-inch springform pan
- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- powdered sugar for dusting top of cake (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan using butter and powdered sugar; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand-up mixer, cream together the butter, EVOO, and sugar until combined. Add in the ricotta cheese and blend until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Add in the vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix to combine. In the same bowl, stir in the baking soda and salt. Lastly, add in the flour and mix until just combined, scraping down the sides of bowl to full incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the cake is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing the collar and base of the pan. Cool on a wire rack and dust with powdered sugar before serving.